Saturday, May 4, 2013

Techcrunch

Techcrunch, is a website with news on new technology and advertises products. It is very easy to navigate around. The home page has trending articles and links to visit similar pages. When I was using it I saw many interesting articles right away and got so lost in reading them, I almost forgot about writing a review! I thoroughly enjoyed how many links they had up for me to use and if I was not interested with what I saw on the home page there is a column of articles going down the side to look at.

Although this website has great design one thing that kind of bothered me was the links to share to twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other social networking sites. Overall it’s a good idea because they are a big part of life nowadays, but there were so many different places even on the home page that it asked me to share and I did not like it. It felt like they were, for lack of a better phrase, shoving it down my throat. Other than that I liked the catchy website title, Techcrunch, and the overall design.

The content is very informational. If there is another story that helps you to understand the vurrent article better, there is a link to help. I used that often when reading articles.  The articles also had videos in them that told more in depth what I was reading about. When I read about things I like having as much information about it as I can so I enjoyed that too.

It was very interactive because of the links and social networking. Although I felt there was too much, I did like it. If I saw an Article I found interesting I could comment on it or share it with my friends on numbers of websites. I can see advertisements for new technology and sign up to get the newest headlines when they came out. If I was more interested in technology than I am I would really like that. The videos in the articles helped also.

Overall, Techcrunch was a good website and I enjoyed exploring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment